I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Amanda from Lovely Little Things. Thank you so much! I’m so in awe and so happy whenever someone just notices my blog and when someone then takes the time to do something more than that, it makes me really happy. As I’ve said before, I love sharing my love of reading and books!
So of course there are rules to this:
- Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
- Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
- List 7 random things about yourself.
- Copy and paste the Award Image to your acceptance post.
- Remember to tell the people you have nominated, that you have done so!
My nominations (only 6, I’m sorry to say but I don’t have much time to read blogs online):
- Harksen’s Blog of the Unspeakable: Henrik’s blog is about a certain genre that I don’t read much, but somehow am still fascinated by – horror. It’s mostly about the author H.P. Lovecraft and Henrik actually publishes books inspired by H.P. Lovecraft on his small press, H.Harksen Productions.
- Sarah Reads Too Much: Lots of great reviews here and ideas for more books to read. Also, this is the home of the Back to the Classics Challenge. (I know that Sarah doesn’t receive awards anymore but I still think she deserves to be recognized and mentioned so that’s what I’m doing here.)
- 101 Books: I love the idea of a blog dedicating to one of the (many) lists of best books – this one to the Times Magazine’s 100 Best Book (and Ulysses).
- A Literary Odyssey: Same idea as the blog above – this one is a homemade list of 250 classics.
- A Striped Armchair: Eva just loves books! Isn’t that just about the best thing you can say about a person?
- Book Group of One: Carol reads some great books so it’s another place to find more books to read. Also, she’s the author of the very interesting sounding Leaving Van Gogh that I unfortunately haven’t gotten around to yet.
7 random things about me:
- My favorite book is The World According to Garp by John Irving. Whenever I read it, I fell in love with it all over again. And I also like the movie although it’s not as good as the book.
- I have two small girls and one of my biggest hopes is to give them a love of reading (the oldest is named after Astrid Lindgren’s Ronia, the Robber’s Daughter).
- I love animals. Right now I have a dog, a cairn terrier called Kayleigh, and a hamster called Silvara. Kayleigh is named after a beautiful song by the band Marillion and Silvara is named after a silver dragon in the DragonLance series.
- I hated Apple for years. I thought people who liked Apple were pretentious and I just really didn’t think Apple was worth anything. I didn’t have anything to support my opinion – except that my big brother really liked and likes Apple … Yeah … It’s a big brother – little sister thing. Now, of course, I love Apple. I have an iPod, an iMac, an iPhone – I have the new Steve Jobs biography and I was really sad when he died. I must say that my brother has never said ‘I told you so’ even once.
- My all-time favorite band is REM. I’m so sad they have decided to call it quits.
- I so want to be a runner. I really really want to. Unfortunately, I have a hard time getting off the couch and out running. I do have three pair of running shoes though.
- My boyfriend proposed to me on a bridge in Paris, the Pont des Arts. 8 days ago.
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I am so glad that you enjoy my blog – and The Classics Challenge!! Next year’s challenge is being announced November 1st – just a few days away…..
I also wish I was a runner. I tried this summer to get my butt out there, and failed miserably. Someday….
and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! What a romantic place to become engaged! I love Paris, and hope to bring my husband there someday.
Yeah, the Classics Challenge … Not sure I’m going to finish it – I think I’ve taken on too many challenges this year. Or rather, I’ve not done anything about completing them until now, this late in the year. So I’m so much behind on everything…
And thank you! I love Paris too! It really was both a romantic and beautiful place. And now we have a very good reason to go back to Paris regularly!! And besides being a beautiful city, it has some great bookstores as well!
Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to finish *all* the challenges I signed up for either. But I hope you’ll check out next years anyway – just in case!
Oh I definitely will! And I have promised myself that I will start reading books for challenges earlier in the year so I don’t end up having to read only books for challenges when autumn and winter comes.
Congratulations on your nomination, but more importantly, congratulations on your marriage proposal…and on the Pont des Arts! Great place! We have a lock on there too lol.
Thank you on both accounts! Yeah, we went there to put a lock on – I didn’t know that he intended to propose right there. But it was a nice surprise!
Christina, I finally got around to responding to your nomination on my blog. Thanks again!