As always, I set myself some reading goals. This year, I thought at the beginning of the year, that if I could just read 12 books this year, one a month, then I’d be happy. But January, February, March came and went without me reading ANYthing!
But then in April, I picked up Stephen King’s On Writing and re-read it and it both reminded me of how much I love to read and write but also, that if you want to write, you need to read.
And although I’m still very cautious about being too optimistic about being back into reading books at my normal pace, I have read 9 books in about 2 months and am hoping to be getting back in the swing of things!
- Stephen King: On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (April 15)
- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) (April 16)
- Tom Rob Smith: Child 44 (Leo Demidov #1) (April 20)
- Leigh Bardugo: Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) (April 23)
- Leigh Bardugo: Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) (April 30)
- Leigh Bardugo: Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) (May 4)
- Robert M. Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (May 17)
- James Clavell: Shogun (June 17)
- J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & James Thorne: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (June 18)