So a few books arrived in the mail today. I have been trying to keep myself from buying more books but then I had to have the most hyped book of the year, I owed my boyfriend a book since he completed our reading challenge last year and I didn’t – and then I just had to get one more book for myself …
- Dan Brown: Inferno (Robert Langdon #4). Probably the most hyped book of the year. Dan Brown is back. I was very disappointed by the third book in the series, so my expectations are not high. That said, I really like Dante’s Inferno and I’m curious about what Brown makes of it. And if he has learned from the critique of his third Robert Langdon novel or if he keeps on writing the same book over and over again.
- Diana Gabaldon: Voyager (Outlander #3). I have really enjoyed the first two books in this series so I’m excited about the third one. And it was really cheap so I just had to have it.
- Laurent Binet: HHhH (Himmlers Hirn heisst Heydrich/Himmler’s brain is called Heydrich). My boyfriend and I are both quite excited about this one. As part of Hitler’s cabinet, Heydrich was one of the cruelest Nazis and seemed indestructible. Yet two men still managed to gun him down in broad daylight on a street in Prague. This is a book about these two men.
So this is the books that the nice postman brought to my door today. I’m looking forward to reading all three and I hope to get cracking on the Dan Brown one while it’s still new and everyone is still talking about it.
- And I did it again … (Book Buying 2013 – part 4)
- Library Sale (Book Buying 2013 – part 3)
- The Annual Danish Book Sale (Book Buying 2013 – part 2)
- Book Buying 2013 – part 1