So are you looking for reasons to give books as gifts this year? Yeah, I know – we don’t need reasons, we know how awesome books are. But still, making lists are always fun and since my favorite Danish bookstore started making a list of reasons to gift books, I thought I would translate the list – especially since a couple of the reasons are rather funny.
Here’s the list – 12 reasons to give a book as a gift:
- It’s cheaper than a bottle of Petrus.
- It’s good in bed.
- You’ll flatter the recipient’s intelligence.
- If you’ve read it yourself, you will have something to talk about.
- It doesn’t crumb in the bed.
- It’s cool to read. Period.
- You can borrow it afterwards.
- One size fits all.
- It doesn’t use batteries.
- It’s better than the movie.
- An enlightened populace is good for the democracy.
- It makes you look clever.
And here are some extra reasons from Facebook:
- It’s easy to wrap.
- It never goes out of style.
- It doesn’t talk back.
- It can change your life.
Does anyone else have some great reasons to give books as gifts?