I haven’t exactly figured this blog award thing out. I always get very happy when people acknowledge my blog and the work I put in it so I’m always grateful and excited when someone nominate me to an award. But at the same time, I don’t read a lot of blogs so I feel a bit awkward having to pass it on. I view it as kind of shout-out to fellow bloggers and as a well of drawing attention to bloggers that inspire me so I try to give it to the bloggers I feel do the best job. But it is a weird thing since a lot of bloggers don’t like these awards … Anyway, I want to thank Cindy from Bookworms Read More Books for nominating me and for the nice things she wrote about my blog. I didn’t know about her blog before she nominated me but I’ve subscribed to it because it looks interesting.
And – I want to pass the glory on to 5 other bloggers.
- A Striped Armchair: Eva reads a lot of books and our tastes are not exactly similar so I can get some new inspirations from her. She has a section of her blog called ‘Assembling her Atheneum’ where she writes about her favorite authors, and I really like this.
- Sarah Reads Too Much: Sarah doesn’t accept awards anymore and I think she has a log of readers already and doesn’t new the extra attention. Still, this award is about blogs I love and this is one. I’ve read it for a while now and again, she inspires me by writing about all kinds of books – not just the same ones that I read. She’s also the host of the Back to the Classics Challenge which is now getting ready to start it’s second year.
- Lovely Little Things: I’ve been reading Amanda’s blog since she nominated me to The Versatile Blogger Award and her blog is a fascinating mix of books and cats. For some reason however, it doesn’t seem that Google Reader like her blog so my subscription doesn’t quite work… Still – don’t trust Google Reader, trust me and it is worth reading.
- The Book Lady’s Blog: Rebecca has a really interesting book blog with great and inspiring reviews.
- Keiko Lynn: To prevent this being only about books, I added a fashion blog. The only fashion blog I read. I like Keiko Lynn’s style and her writing – and her love of dogs. I’ve followed her for half a year or so and although I don’t know much about fashion, I like it.
As a help to my nominees, here’s the 5 rules for the Liebster Blog Awards.
Rule number 1: Post the award banner on your site.
Rule number 2: Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter in your blog.
Rule number 3: Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Rule number 4: Give your top 5 picks to receive the award.
Rule number 5: Leave a comment on each of your top 5 picks blogs to let them know that they have been nominated.
Congrats on your award! I think you did good passing it on. : )
Thanks Cassie. I think I did too 🙂 There’s so many blogs out there, so many talented bloggers. It’s not hard to find ones to nominate if you have a little time to look at blogs but I always feel I’m overlooking someone. Like your blog – so far I love the name of it and I’ll go read now.
Thanks so much for the award! I’m happy to meet your blog and look forward to reading it.
You’re welcome Rebecca! I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!
I just got back from vacation, and I as hard as I tried, I just couldn’t comment from my phone! But I wanted to say thank you so very much for thinking of me, and your kind words. You really made my day when I first saw this. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
and Happy New Year! 😉
You’re very welcome Sarah. And Happy New Year!!